Ooooof that name is a mouthful.
I was first shown this Korean Youtube video of this crazy-looking S’mores cookie, looking similar to a New York style cookie with the marshmallow all melted and oozing out from the inside.
I wanted to recreate this but with a more crunchy, chewy texture rather than the soft, fluffy kind as the original recipe had suggested (from the use of cake flour).
So I made the basic chocolate chip cookie based on Ravneet Gill’s recipe (her recipe had gone almost viral here in the UK) – with less sugar and chocolate chunks for the Biscoff element to shine through. Then adding cinnamon (i.e. the essence of a Lotus Biscoff biscuit), Biscoff biscuit chunks, then wrapped the cookie dough around a marshmallow and topped off with a Biscoff biscuit at the end.
Ravneet also recommends to chill the cookie dough before baking – I found it easier to first make the cookie dough into balls, then chilling the dough balls instead of trying to make dough balls from chilled dough. It’ll also be way easier to wrap room temperature dough around a marshmallow rather than chilled dough.
And of course, serve warm to get that ooey gooey marshmallow-y chocolate-y goodness!
Chocolate Chip Biscoff S’more Cookie
- Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix until the colour becomes paler.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and Biscoff biscuit pieces.
- Weigh out 70g pieces and roll into balls. Place onto a lined baking sheet.
- In the palm of your hand, flatten each ball and place a marshmallow in the middle. Carefully wrap the dough around the marshmallow, leaving a bit of marshmallow visible at the top.
- Cover the dough balls in cling film and allow to chill in the fridge overnight. Alternatively you can freeze the dough balls for another day.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray or sheet.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet, leaving at least 5cm space between each dough ball. Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins until the top is golden brown and the marshmallows have exploded from the cookie dough.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5-10 mins, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down further (it is very hot). Serve warm.