Apple Crumb Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 24 rolls
Easy Cinnamon Rolls that are crammed with apples and topped with crumb topping!
6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, melted
3 cups finely chopped and peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Dough: Combine 3 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat the milk and butter for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s very warm (120° to 130°F).
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and blend for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs and 2 more cups of flour and blend for 2 more minutes at medium speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough, you might not need it all. Replace the paddle attachment with the dough hook and blend on medium speed for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth. Alternately you can knead the dough on a lightly floured surface using your hands for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll each half of the rested dough into a 12×10 rectangle on a lightly floured work surface.
- Filling: While the dough is resting prepare your filling. In a large bowl combine sugars, flour, and cinnamon and stir. Add in the melted butter and blend until combined.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread evenly onto each rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle the diced apples evenly on top of every. Roll up the dough tightly from the long side and then slice the dough into 1 1/2- inch portions.
- Coat 2, 9×13-inch baking dishes with nonstick spray and place the rolls into the pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter.
- Using your hands combine the mixture until crumbs form when squeezed together.
- Sprinkle all the rolls evenly with the crumb topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the rolls for 30 minutes until lightly golden. Allow them to cool barely before icing.
- Icing: In a medium bowl mix together the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Whisk in the cream until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing on the barely cooled rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To reheat, microwave individual rolls for 15-20 seconds
- Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 31.5 g
- Sodium: 263.9 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.6 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 56.9 mg