The easy spicy asian inspired meat is great over rice, or in a taco!
- 1 yellow onion
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, sliced paper thin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut onion in half. Dice one half very small, and grate the other half, using a grater. Place into a medium bowl. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, carrot, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds. Whisk together.
- Place meat in a large bowl or ziptop bag. Pour marinade on top of meat, stirring to coat.
- Refrigerate the meat at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Pour both the meat and all the marinade into the skillet. Stirring continuously cook the meat for 3-4 minutes until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve warm over rice or in lettuce wraps.
- Garnish with green onions, extra sesame seeds, and chili oil for extra heat, if desired.
* Trick – I ask my butcher to slice the meat paper thin. You could also freeze the meat and slice it thin using a really sharp knife. Freezing it makes it easier to slice.
recipe lightly adapted from all recipes
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 928.2 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Protein: 29.9 g
- Cholesterol: 69.2 mg