Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: serves 6
Method: Stove Top
This cheeseburger soup recipe has all the flavors of a cheeseburger in soup form! Guaranteed to be an enormous hit in your house!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12- ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a large (4-5 quart) Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add in the ground beef, and cook until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the meat broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in both cheeses and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and top with desired garnish
Slow Cooker Option: Follow step 1 as written, transfer meat and onions into your slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the meat broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in cheeses until melted and serve warm and top with desired garnish.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 1067.3 mg
- Fat: 21.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Cholesterol: 104.3 mg