Chicken Noodle Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
A hearty, home-style Chicken Noodle Casserole brimming with tender noodles, shredded chicken, and veggies in a creamy sauce, baked under a crispy Ritz cracker crust.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup small diced yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (12- ounce bag) mixed vegetables
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 – 4 cups cooked shredded chicken (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ( 10.5- ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 x13 baking pan lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the diced onion and celery until softened, stirring repeatedly, about 10 minutes. Add in the frozen vegetables and cook for 2 – 3 more minutes until warm. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Drain.
- While the noodles are boiling, mix together the chicken, cream of chicken soup, half and half, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add in the cooked vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the cooked noodles.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Mix together the crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.