Chicken Parm Sliders
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: serves 12
These Chicken Parm Sliders are possibly the perfect party food! A delicious chicken appetizer or dinner recipe that’s astonishing for feeding a crowd.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced thin and cut into 2-3 inch squares (24 pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 24 slider rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian)
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Set aside. Pour the breadcrumbs into another medium bowl. Dip every bit of chicken into the egg and permit excess to drip off, and then into the breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to a clean plate and repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Fill a large skillet about 1/4 inch deep with vegetable oil and warmth on medium until the oil is 350°. I place the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil and if bubbles form instantly, the oil is prepared. Fry the chicken in batches, about 3 minutes on all sides, or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 11×15 baking dish with nonstick spray. Cut the slider rolls in half, if they aren’t cut. Place the bottom rolls in the pan. Top rolls with 2 cups of cheese and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese. Remove the pan from the oven and spread half of the marinara sauce on top of the cheese. Place a piece of chicken on each bun. Top with the rest of the marinara and then the rest of the cheese. Place on the top buns.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, basil, and salt. Stir in the melted butter. Pour this mixture evenly on top of all the buns.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an extra 5 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted and the buns are lightly toasted.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is written to feed a large group. You can easily half the recipe for a family dinner.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 1224.1 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 22.8 g
- Cholesterol: 63.5 mg