Creamy Beef Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: serves 6-8
Method: Stove Top
An easy, creamy beef pasta recipe that’s loaded with flavor and cheese!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (a few cup)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (28- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- optional – garnish with parsley (fresh or dried)
- In a large, deep skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add in the ground beef to the skillet and break the meat apart. Cook until no pink remains. Drain excess grease and return the to heat.
- With the heat still on medium, add in the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper, and flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously to coat.
- Add in the tomato sauce and broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, boil Rotini according to pasta directions. Drain.
- Add the cream and pasta to the sauce, stirring to combine. Add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve instantly.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 747
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 1050.6 mg
- Fat: 27.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 75.2 g
- Protein: 48.9 g
- Cholesterol: 141.9 mg