Creamy Caesar Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
A creamy and comforting Caesar Pasta recipe with all the flavors of the classic salad! Made from tender pasta tossed in a flavorful parmesan and lemon sauce with garlic and anchovies, topped with crispy garlic breadcrumbs.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 – 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces anchovies, drained and minced (*see note)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Optional garnish – fresh chopped parsley and more Parmesan cheese
- Prep breadcrumbs: In a small skillet heat the butter on medium heat. Add in the breadcrumbs and garlic powder and cook until lightly golden, stirring sometimes. Set aside.
- Pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water.
- Make the Caesar sauce: Whisk together parmesan cheese, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and egg. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Add in the garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add in the reserved dijon mixture and cook for 1 more minute. Whisk in 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and cook until thickened, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Assemble: Add pasta to the skillet and coat with sauce, adding more pasta water to attain a creamy sauce, if necessary. Top with breadcrumbs and fresh parsley, and more parmesan cheese. Serve instantly.
*you can reduce the amount of anchovy to 1 ounce if you prefer a milder flavor.