Homemade bread can be a hassle to make, which is why I love these easy 5-ingredient Popovers. They’re flaky, buttery rolls that pair splendidly with every meal!
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and salt. Whisk in the milk and flour, in alternating portions until combined. Batter will be very thin and might have small lumps, which is okay. Finally, whisk in the butter. Set the batter aside for 10-15 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Once preheated, place your popover pan in the oven for 2 minutes to heat up. Remove from the oven and coat liberally with non-stick spray. Gently whisk the batter once again and fill each tin midway with batter.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack. Do not open the oven during baking.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven and let the popovers cool for 4-5 minutes. Remove them from the pan, serve them warm and enjoy!
Recipe yields 8 large popovers.
If you don’t have a popover pan, you can use a muffin tin instead. Follow the instructions as written, but reduce the bake time by 7 minutes. This will yield about 12 smaller popovers.