Frito Pie Casserole is a straightforward dish to fall in love with. Simple, quick, and filled with flavor, this casserole is comfort food at its finest!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (15- ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15- ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10- ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (9 1/4- ounce) bag Fritos
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- optional sour cream and guacamole to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onion together over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain the surplus grease from the pan. Turn the heat to medium-low and season the meat with the salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir to coat. Add in the beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cook util heated through. Remove from the heat.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spread 2/3 of the bag of Fritos onto the bottom. Spread the meat mixture on top of the Fritos and top with the grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
- Garnish with the remaining Fritos and serve warm.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired.
store airtight for up to 3 days.