Have the best homemade lasagna ready in one hour with my Instant Pot Lasagna recipe! Prepared in the pressure cooker with layers of savory ground beef, marinara sauce, and noodles, plus loads of melty cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (25 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Approx 8 full-sized lasagna noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Set the instant pot to saute. Add the ground beef and onion to the instant pot. Cook for 5 minutes. Stirring from time to time.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning to the meat. Continue to cook until beef is browned.
- Turn off the instant pot. Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat into a separate bowl. Pour out the grease, taking care when handling the hot metal pot.
- Return the pot to the cooker. Pour in the water. Use a spatula to remove any stuck-on bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add 1?3 of the cooked beef back to the pot.
- Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles. You will must break the noodles to make them slot in the pot. The water should cover the noodles just barely.
- Spread 1?3 of the marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles. Then add another layer of ground beef, followed by half of the cheese mixture, followed by half of the spinach. Top that with lasagna noodles and repeat.
- Once all the fillings have been used, top with a final layer of lasagna noodles and finish it with marinara sauce.
- Put the lid on the instant pot. Set the valve to seal and turn it to high pressure for 6 minutes. Naturally release the steam for 10 minutes, then open the valve to release the remaining steam.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the cooked lasagna and replace the lid. Let the lasagna sit for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and serve.