Creamy Instant Pot Risotto is a simple entree or side dish made with arborio rice, white wine, broth, and parmesan. Just as rich and comforting as a classic risotto, and prepared in 30 minutes!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until tender, stirring often. If the onions or garlic begin to brown, add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook and stir until the water is cooked away.
- Add the rice and stir it well to coat the grains with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and another pinch of salt. Deglaze the instant pot of any stuck-on bits. Cook for 2-3 minutes until all the wine has cooked away.
- Cancel the saute mode.
- Add the broth. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the instant pot in the sealing position. Set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, carefully quick-release the steam from the instant pot and remove the lid.
- The risotto will look a bit soupy at this point. Add the parmesan cheese and butter and the remaining salt and pepper. Stir continuously until it’s thickened and all the cheese and butter have melted.
- Serve instantly. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Store leftover risotto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- To reheat place a serving of risotto in a microwave-safe bowl together with a couple of tablespoons of broth or water. Cover with a damp paper towel and warmth in 30-second intervals until it reaches at least 165 degrees.