My Favorite Butterhorns
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Yield: 36 Cookies
Light, buttery cookies, that are the perfect amount of sweet. Such a classic!
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 13 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dough: In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Add in the cubed butter and cut in using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture is crumbly. Add in the egg yolk and sour cream and stir until combined and the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the filling, in a small bowl combine the light brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the dough into 3, equal portions. Roll each portion out on a floured surface into a thin circle, 12-inches in diameter. Sprinkle 1/3 of the filling mixture onto each dough round.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut each round into 12 equal wedges. Roll up each wedge, starting at the wide edge tightly. Place onto the prepared baking sheet with the seam side down and pinched.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the butterhorns are lightly golden. Some of the filling might leak out, this is ok.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool utterly.
- Glaze: Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together. Drizzle over the butterhorns when they’re warm for a thinner glaze, or when they’re cooled for a thicker glaze.
store airtight for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 71.9 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 17.9 mg