Prep Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 12 rolls
My Easy Bakery Style Cinnamon Rolls are the BEST! I use RapidRise™ Yeast which makes the process quick!
- 5–6 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (1/4- ounce) packets Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dough: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, and salt on low speed until combined.
- Place the water, milk, and butter in a microwave safe bowl and warmth in 25 second increments until the temperature reaches between 120°-130°F. Butter might not be melted, entirely, which is ok. Add this to the flour mixture together with the egg and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups of flour to the mixture, and blend on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in just enough remaining flour until the dough will form a ball.
- Lightly flour a clean surface knead the dough for 6-8 minutes, adding a little more flour as necessary while you’re kneading until the dough is smooth, elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers. Alternately, you can do this step in your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Filling: In a medium bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the filling. Set aside.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 15×10- inch rectangle using a rolling pin. This doesn’t must be exact.
- Spread the soft butter onto the rolled out dough evenly. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Starting the with long sides, tightly roll up the dough, pinching the seams to seal.
- Using a sharp knife, dental floss, or thread to slice into 12 equal pieces. *some use dental floss or thread because it doesn’t “squish” the dough like the pressure of a knife does, creating precise edges.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Place the cinnamon rolls evenly into the pan, cover with a towel and permit to rise for 1 hour in a warm place, until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Frosting: Prepare frosting in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix the butter and powdered sugar together for 1 minute on medium speed. Add in the milk and vanilla and blend for an additional minute until creamy and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread frosting onto rolls.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can even prepare the rolls overnight by completing steps 1-11, but rather than allowing the rolls to double in size in a warm place, cover and place in the fridge to rise overnight.
Recipe adapted from breadworld.com
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 39.2 g
- Sodium: 210.3 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.1 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 76.8 mg