Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Biscuits
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 biscuits
Category: Side Dish
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Biscuits are tender and melty, juicy and savory, flaky and buttery, and too easy to make for a flavorful dinner or game day snack!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 pound deli roast beef, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (16- ounce) can of buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place 8 biscuits onto the parchment paper and set aside, allowing the biscuit dough to warm up barely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, 5 – 6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add in the diced roast beef and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until warm. Add in the grated cheese, stir to combine, and the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the heat.
- Gently pull each biscuit apart barely, creating a pocket. Scoop 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into each biscuit. Seal the edges by pinching the dough together. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl. Brush the melted butter on top of the biscuits.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.