Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are too easy to make, and they’re at all times a family favourite. Packed with flavorful beef and gooey provolone, these homemade sandwiches will be making their way onto your weekly meal plan rotation!
- 3 – 4 pound chuck roast, excess fat trimmed
- 1 packet Onion Soup Mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons steak seasoning (such as Montreal)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1/4 cup butter, sliced
- 12 rolls
- 24 slices Provolone or Gruyere cheese
- Place the meat in your large slow cooker. Sprinkle onion soup mix, garlic powder, and steak seasoning on top. Add in onions and pour the broth and beer on top. Add butter and cover. Cook on high for 4- 5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and slice on the diagonal. Return to the slow cooker and permit to cook for yet another hour.
- To serve preheat oven to broil.
- Butter the rolls and place under the broiler for 30-45 seconds until lightly toasted.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each roll and place back in the oven to melt cheese, 25-30 seconds.
- Top each roll with meat and onions.
- Serve with a bowl of au jus to dip.