Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a fast and straightforward meal idea, perfect for busy weeknights! Tender broccoli and veggies, melty cheddar, and a hearty and flavorful broth cook up all in one pot in this cozy and creamy soup recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons / 30 ml Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup / 50 grams Onion, diced
- 1 Cup / 108 grams of Carrots, shredded
- 3 cloves / 20 grams Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 4 Cups / 946 ml Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups / 240 grams Broccoli Florets, chopped
- 2 Cups / 473 ml Half + Half
- 2 1/2 Cups / 190 grams Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup / 32 grams Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup / 60 ml Water
- Set the instant pot to saute.
- Add the oil and onions to the pot. Saute until softened, about 5-6 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and dry mustard. Continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Add the chicken broth and broccoli. Stir.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set it to seal. Cook on high pressure manual for 1 minute, then naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before opening the lid.
- Add the cheese and half-and-half and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Make a slurry of cornstarch and water. Whisk into the soup.
- Turn the instant pot to saute and cook while stirring until the soup thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
For thicker soup use only 3 cups of broth.