A sloppy joe recipe with fall vibes!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (or more if you prefer more spice)
- 1 (15- ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (16- ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add in the ground beef and cook for 10 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Add in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add in the chili powder, salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne, pumpkin, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes to combine all the flavors. Serve warm.
Serve on hamburger bun
Top with my Fall Cole Slaw if desired.
Store airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.